The Boya BY-WM5 Wireless Lavalier Microphone is a wireless microphone set designed for use with DSLR cameras, camcorders and audio recorders. The BY-WM5 is compact, lightweight and uses a 2.4GHz frequency. The microphone set is equipped with a layer filter to improve the sounds and suppress distortion and background noise. Further, the BY-WM5 has an approximate range of 50 meters, provided there are no obstacles between the transmitter and receiver.
These features make the BY-WM5 very suitable for interviewing. Also known as the “reporters kit”, the BY-WM5 transmitter, microphone and earphone are worn by the interviewer. The receiver can be mounted onto the hotshoe of the camera or camcorder and connected via the connection cable. The receiver is also equipped with an earphone, enabling the cameraman to listen to and control the audio directly. The BY-WM5 can in addition also be used as a communication set, when it is not connected with a camera.
The receiver is equipped with a coldshoe connection and a ¼” female screw thread enabling you to mount it onto your camera, light stand or tripod.
Boya BY-WM5 Wireless Lavalier Microphone Specifications
- RF Modulation: GFSK (Gauss frequency Shift Keying)
- Frequency band: 2.4GHz (2405-2478MHz)
- Frequency response: 35Hz-14KHz±3dB
- Signal/Noise: 76dB or more
- Distortion: 0.1% or less (32Ω,1 KHz,65mW output)
- RF output level: 5 mW
- Earphone output level: 32Ω,65mW
- Reception sensitivity: -85dB +/- 3dB / 0dB=1V/Pa, 1kHz
- Audio input connector: 3.5mm mini jack