The Falcon Eyes DLL-3000TW Dimmable Bi-Color LED Spot Lamp is an ideal spotlight for stage performances and is also suitable for videographers wishing to use LED continuous lighting. The lamp is dimmable and is equipped with an adjustable colour temperature, adjustable focus and a WiFi function. The DLL-3000TW is equipped with an aluminum housing making it suitable for use in various situations and conditions.
The DLL-3000TW is equipped with a Fresnel lens causing the causing the edges of the light beam to gradually darken. The beam angle is adjustable between 20 and 60 degrees.
The DLL-3000TW can be powered with a V-mount battery. For this option is an external V-mount plate included in the box. Of course, you can also connect the DLL-3000TW to a power socket, with the included power cable and adapter.
Control with smartphone app
In addition to the operation via the touchscreen and the rotary controls on the back, you can also operate the lamp with your smartphone. As you can see in the last picture, you can easily adjust the color temperature and brightness. Free apps are available in the App Store and Play Store. Below is a manual for setting up and using the Wi-Fi function:
1. Download the Falcon Eyes app by clicking here with your iPhone or here with your Android smartphone.
2. Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and connect to the network that starts with 'LEDS ...'. The password is 'candlehome'.
3. Open the Falcon Eyes app and press 'Click me'.
4. Click on the block containing the IP address, starting with 192.
5. You can now adjust the brightness with the slider bar at the bottom. You can also adjust the color temperature by sweeping over the round disc in the middle.
If you want to control multiple lamps at the same time with the app, you need a Wi-Fi router for this. Follow the steps below:
1. Download the Falcon Eyes app by clicking here with your iPhone or clicking here with your Android smartphone.
2. Connect the Wi-Fi router to a power outlet and make sure you know the network name and password. An internet connection is not required.
3. Connect to the Wi-Fi network from your smartphone.
4. Press and hold the color / reset button of the lamp until the red light flashes twice in succession.
5. Open the Falcon Eyes app and press 'Click me'.
6. Press the gear wheel at the top right. Then enter the password of your Wi-Fi router.
7. The app is establishing a connection. This can take up to 30 seconds. Wait until the red lights of all LED lights are solid red.
8. Press the lamp of your choice.
9. You can now adjust the brightness with the slider bar at the bottom. You can also adjust the color temperature by sweeping over the round disc in the middle.
Special features Fresnel lamps
Due to the special fresnel lens and adjustable beam, Falcon Eyes Fresnel lamps are often used in locations where a large amount of light is needed. These include theatres, TV studios and film locations. Normally the range of LED light is limited, but with Fresnel lamps it is possible to illuminate the subject at a greater distance. Moreover, the fresnel lamps of Falcon Eyes are much less warm than traditional spotlights.