The Falcon Eyes Wi-Fi Dongle RC-W01 is specially designed for the LPW and CLL-TW LED lights series. Using the dongle and the Falcon Eyes app it is possible to wirelessly control your lamp with your smartphone. If you have multiple LPW lights it is possible to control them all at once in the app (with a maximum of 8 lights). By using the app it is possible to control both the color temperature and the power separately.
The app is available for iOS 7.0 and higher and for Android. The dongle is available for the following Falcon Eyes lights:
Control with smartphone app
In addition to the operation via the touchscreen and the rotary controls on the back, you can also operate the lamp with your smartphone. Free apps are available in the App Store and Play Store. Below is a manual for setting up and using the Wi-Fi function:
1. Download the Falcon Eyes app by clicking here with your iPhone or here with your Android smartphone.
2. Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and connect to the network that starts with 'LEDS ...'. The password is 'candlehome'.
3. Open the Falcon Eyes app and press 'Click me'.
4. Click on the block containing the IP address, starting with 192.
5. You can now adjust the brightness with the slider bar at the bottom. You can also adjust the color temperature by sweeping over the round disc in the middle.
If you want to control multiple lamps at the same time with the app, you need a Wi-Fi router for this. Follow the steps below:
1. Download the Falcon Eyes app by clicking here with your iPhone or clicking here with your Android smartphone.
2. Connect the Wi-Fi router to a power outlet and make sure you know the network name and password. An internet connection is not required.
3. Connect to the Wi-Fi network from your smartphone.
4. Press and hold the color / reset button of the lamp until the red light flashes twice in succession.
5. Open the Falcon Eyes app and press 'Click me'.
6. Press the gear wheel at the top right. Then enter the password of your Wi-Fi router.
7. The app is establishing a connection. This can take up to 30 seconds. Wait until the red lights of all LED lights are solid red.
8. Press the lamp of your choice.
9. You can now adjust the brightness with the slider bar at the bottom. You can also adjust the color temperature by sweeping over the round disc in the middle.