Repairs & Returns
Despite the fact that we make every effort to deliver a properly working product, unfortunately there can be occasions when something is defective. Have you unexpectedly received a product that does not work as you would expect, or is it damaged? Then of course we will solve this for you. You can reach our team on working days from 08.00 to 16.30 hrs. Our address and contact details can be found on the bottom of this page.
Below you will find an overview of frequently asked questions. Consult these first, sometimes the solution is easier than you think!
• I have received my order, but it is incomplete
• I have received my order, but the packaging is damaged
• I have received my order, but the product does not work
• Is my repair covered by the warranty?
• Will my product be repaired free of charge?
• How do I ensure that my repair or return is processed as soon as possible?
• How do I deliver a return or repair to Reel Gear?
• When will my repair be ready?
• My flash does not work. What should I do and how do I replace my flash tube myself?
• Important conditions for repairs and returns
I have received my order, but it is incomplete
• Did you perhaps order long rolls (> 2.75m) of background paper with your order? Then it is possible that you have not yet received them. The long packages are sent with another carrier, which makes it possible for them to be delivered at a different time.
• Have you consulted the enclosed packing slip? This tells you exactly what is included in the delivery. It is possible that a product is temporarily out of stock, so that it will be delivered later. This is automatically placed in backorder for you.
• Is there something missing in your shipment? We will gladly help you to solve this problem. Please contact us for more information.
I have received my order, but the packaging is damaged
Unfortunately, during transport, something can sometimes happen to the box or packaging. Always check the packaging before accepting a package. Do you see any damage?
• Please mention this on the delivery note offered by the carrier. Attention: without mention on the delivery note, we can unfortunately not claim compensation for the transport damage.
• Immediately take pictures of the packaging and the damage found.
• Lastly, contact us.
I have received my order, but the product does not work
• Did you receive a product that turns out to be faulty upon receipt?
Then please take pictures of the article. It may be what we call a DOA (Dead on Arrival).
• Please contact us directly after taking pictures
Is my repair covered by the warranty?
• Of course we offer a guarantee on your purchase. How long this takes depends on the brand and product. But in any case you can count on a minimum of 2 years warranty (with the exception of batteries, lamps and flash tubes). In our webshop you can find the warranty period for many articles.
• Make sure you can provide a warranty certificate. The invoice of the product is also your guarantee certificate.
• The warranty period starts from the invoice date of your purchase.
Will my product be repaired free of charge?
• An item is repaired free of charge within the conditions and warranty period.
• If your repair is not covered by the warranty, we will not let you down. Please feel free to contact us. We will gladly send you a repair proposal with a quotation. The costs of repairs out of warranty are £80 per hour, excluding VAT.
• We would like to refer you to the following 'important conditions' for additional costs if the product does not appear to be faulty
How do I ensure that my repair or return is processed as quickly as possible?
• Please always contact us before returning anything. Sometimes certain issues can be solved remotely. This avoids return costs and handling costs.
• Make sure you include an RMA form in the shipment. You can download this form below. If an RMA form is missing (or incomplete) your repair will be delayed.
• Always return items for the attention of 'Repair'. The full contact details can be found below.
How do I deliver a return or repair?
• Make sure that you always submit a completed RMA form. If you do not provide an RMA form (or one that has not been completed), your return will automatically be delayed.
• Is it a product that is part of a set? Please only return the defective item.
• Return only the defective product or part, without any accessories.
• Items that are returned must be returned undamaged, in their original packaging and without stickers to our distributors, Benèl. Please always send the product in a box.
When will my repair be ready?
• We will do everything we can to complete your repair as soon as possible. However, we will inform you in advance about the expected lead time.
• The lead time of your repair depends on the product. We have an internal repair department, where we can repair a large majority of the defects quickly.
• Some products need to be repaired at the factory. Unfortunately, the turnaround time for this is longer than for internal repairs.
My flash does not work. What should I do and how do I replace my flash tube myself?
• If your flash unit is defective or no longer works as expected, please open this appendix. In this appendix you will find step-by-step options for solving this problem. It also contains a manual that allows you to easily replace the flash tube yourself.
Important conditions for repairs and returns
• If an item does not appear to be defective, we are obliged to charge a shipping and examination fee of £30.00. For this reason, we recommend that you always contact us before returning any items.
• Return costs depend on the product and are always at least £10.00. Shipping costs are at all times charged to the returning party.
• Repairs more expensive than £75.00 will only be carried out after a quotation is provided and your permission is granted.
• The costs of repairs out of warranty are £80.00 per hour.
• When an article, which falls outside the legal warranty period, is offered to Benel for repair, Benel offers a 3-month warranty on the repair in question.
• No rights can be derived from the duration of the repairs.
• You can consult our general terms and conditions here.
All the above amounts are unit prices excluding VAT.
Please print, fill out and send this form with each item.
Please click on the following image to download the Repair form.